"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance

 and a people who mean to be their own governors

 must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

Friday, July 15, 2005

Is Jon Corzine Using Bloggers?

Professor Kim’s News Notes blog has the following scoop:

Corzine spoke on a conference call with an invited group of bloggers between votes on proposed amendments to the Homeland Security appropriations bill.

Corzine said he was reaching out to bloggers because he knows that news organizations scan blogs for leads, and because he was impressed by the effectiveness of the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee's outreach to bloggers during the 2004 election. “I sometimes look at the blogs and I wonder whether I’m going to survive until the next day, because the right wingers are very aggressive,” Corzine said, adding “This is less about Corzine than it is about making sure a blue state stays a blue state…”

Needless to say Enlighten-NewJersey was not invited to the conference call. Does it seem odd to you that Corzine was “reaching out to bloggers because he knows that news organizations scan blogs for leads”? In other words Corzine is hoping to use bloggers for the purpose of planting stories news organizations might read in a blog and then pick up for publication.

We’ll give Corzine the hutzpah award for the week. What guts. How does it feel to be told in essence - If I didn’t think I could use you to my benefit, I wouldn’t be wasting my time talking to the likes of you? Adding of course, it’s less about me, it’s about keeping a blue state blue. Yea, right.

Some people might be flattered by the attention and feel important because the rich and powerful U.S. Senator talked to them on a conference call. Perhaps we’re different, we think a Senator works for the people, not the other way around.

Will the invited bloggers do Corzine’s bidding going forward? Does this make them an arm of his campaign, rather than citizen journalists? It’s tactics like Corzine's that provide the Federal Election Commission with ammunition that could lead to regulation and restrictions on bloggers.

On the bright side, Senator Corzine might actually be reading New Jersey’s conservative blogs – “right wingers” as he calls us. Yesterday, we invited people to submit Corzine’s accomplishments as U.S. Senator. This would have been a great opportunity for Corzine to email us his list or for him to enter them in the comments section for all to see. So far, he hasn’t reached out. We think we know why – he has no accomplishments.

One other note, we had no idea Senator Corzine was such a weak sister, “I sometimes look at the blogs and I wonder whether I’m going to survive until the next day, because the right wingers are very aggressive.” Imagine how Corzine would feel if he had to withstand real scrutiny and hard hitting pieces by the mainstream media on a regular basis.

Meanwhile, we wonder whether we could survive Corzine’s aggressive tax and spending agenda as Governor of New Jersey.

Update: See Roberto's post Corzine Reaches Out To Bloggers.

Update II: Professor Kim has more on the subject.

Update III: Let’s review.

How many readers think we were disappointed not to be included in Jon Corzine’s conference call to bloggers? How many think we would want to join Senator Corzine’s campaign for Governor of New Jersey?

So is John Shabe being sarcastic when he writes: Two of Jersey's conservative bloggers were among those not invited (as was I, BTW), and seemed disappointed about it. Shabe links to Enlighten-NewJersey and Roberto of Dynamo Buzz.

Did Shabe mean he was invited to be on Corzine’s conference call with bloggers and in fact joined in? Or is he saying he was disappointed he wasn’t inivited? Or is he just telling us he wasn’t on the call, just as we stated we weren’t in our post? Hard to tell, maybe he could fill us in?

Shabe has since posted the following in the comments section: “E-NJ ... I guess what I don't understand is this idea that Corzine is using bloggers to plant stories in The Media. Why would he need to do that if he's already got The Media in his back pocket as you indicate later in the post?”

We replied with: No one ever said Corzine was smart or made sense. Nixon's team didn't need to break into to the Watergate to win the election, but they did.

Our point here was not that what Nixon’s team did was illegal (it was), but rather it was completely unnecessary - it was overkill. The same is true, in our opinion with, Corzine's attempt to use bloggers. Can anyone seriously say Corzine has been subjected to aggressive media scrutiny or hard hitting pieces in the media on a regular basis? Corzine gets a little heat from right wing bloggers and he’s questioning his survival? A bit over the top, don’t you think?

Shabe adds a new comment: “Then if it's a stupid idea, why does it bother you so?

To which we replied: “This is the part that bothers us: It’s tactics like Corzine's that provide the Federal Election Commission with ammunition that could lead to regulation and restrictions on bloggers.”

We also commented: “Shabe, you seem rather defensive on the issue - why? Where did we write the idea was stupid?”

Shabe replied: You did. ... Enlighten said... No one ever said Corzine was smart or made sense. Nixon's team didn't need to break into to the Watergate to win the election, but they did.”

You used the word stupid, Mr. Shabe, we didn’t. Why John feels the need to portray us disappointed or put words in our mouth, is beyond us. Maybe he can explain.

If he’s up to it, perhaps he could tell us what he had in mind when he wrote the title to his post “what goes around". Perhaps he could give his opinion on why Corzine held the conference call with bloggers. Perhaps he could fill us in with his thoughts on whether or not Corzine’s use of bloggers could impact future FEC rules and regulations on bloggers. Perhaps he could explain why he was moved to write an entry on our post. Perhaps he could tell us if he believes Corzine has been subjected to aggressive media scrutiny and hard hitting pieces on a regular basis?

Mr. Shabe has reached conclusions regarding our thoughts and feelings that are incorrect. We’ll let John Shabe speak for himself. Will he answer our questions? We’ll find out.



39 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Professor Kim said...

Hi,
Thanks for picking up my post. I've responded to some of your comments and questions
here.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Shabe said...

E-NJ ... I guess what I don't understand is this idea that Corzine is using bloggers to plant stories in The Media. Why would he need to do that if he's already got The Media in his back pocket as you indicate later in the post?

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Shabe said...

Then if it's a stupid idea, why does it bother you so?

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

No one ever said Corzine was smart or made sense. Nixon's team didn't need to break ino to the Watergate to win the election, but they did.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

This is the part that bothers us :It’s tactics like Corzine's that provide the Federal Election Commission with ammunition that could lead to regulation and restrictions on bloggers.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

Shabe, you seem rather defensive on the issue - why? Where did we wrtie the idea was stupid?

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger True Blue Liberal said...

"Nixon's team didn't need to break ino to the Watergate to win the election, but they did." You're comparing a conference call with supporters to a burglary of opponents and its coverup? If you want to compare this call to a Republican President's action, wouldn't the more apt analogy be the current President's "town meetings" about Social Security privatization where only the vetted local GOP cheerleaders are invited? But even that comparison is farfetched; I understand that this was meant to be a political communication with campaign supporters, not a governmental meeting with constituents. How many campaign meetings are open to opponents as well as supporters? (Full disclosure: I was not a participant or invitee to the conference call in question; I just don't see why it's an issue. Have YOU ever interacted with the GOP candidate for Governor?)

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Shabe said...

You did. ... Enlighten said...
No one ever said Corzine was smart or made sense. Nixon's team didn't need to break ino to the Watergate to win the election, but they did.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger DBK said...

This is so funny. I love the comments.

"This is the part that bothers us :It’s tactics like Corzine's that provide the Federal Election Commission with ammunition that could lead to regulation and restrictions on bloggers." (said with appropriate self-importance)

Right. Tactics like this. He spoke to some bloggers on the phone and let them ask him questions. We responded by asking him questions and showing interest in the campaign. Oh, and the bloggers on the call are known to be friendly to his campaign. What a massive criminal conspiracy! Quick, call the Election Comission! Call out the National Guard!

And it was done in such secrecy, this terrifying cabal, that Professor Kim blogged the whole thing. (Thanks, Professor Kim, since I can now just link you and save myself some time.)

Yeah, this was one sinister phone call, let me tell you.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Ken said...

Wow! What a load of crap you peddle.

As one of the bloggers that were on the conference call, I must say that your little personal attack is awefully childish.

As for who does my bidding, it's myself and I think Corzine is a great Senator. I am not awe-struck, paid, or whatever childish accusation you desire to label myself as.

For you and your brand of politics, Corzine's Senate stint probably didn't quite do it for... that's fine, you're a Republican. Everyone has their beliefs. For me and my brand of politics, he did a great job voting in the Senate Consistently these votes were inline with how a progressive would have wanted. For me, I'm proud to be from New Jersey.

So Corzine wants to be a Governor. As dismayed I was to learn he was leaving the Senate, I was happy of the prospect that New Jersey would have him for ourselves. So, as you can imagine, I will continue to write about how wonderful Jon Corzine is and why he should be elected.

If that's too much of a problem for you, I'm sorry.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous media in trouble said...

notice the deletion

who is keeping secrets now?

Common enlighten, isnt the nytimes paying enough attention to your carnival?

I think I know what is really irking you about little bloggers such as myself and others having such intimate access to a united states senator.

Jealousy!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Xpatriated Texan said...

Unlike some of the others, I think you are right to ask the questions that you do.

Why weren't you invited? Since I didn't handle the invites, I can't say. Probably, I'm guessing, because you aren't really that open to the Senator. So, the result is that the Senator picked a crowd where he thought he'd get a favorable reaction. This is different from the President pre-screening his campaign crowds in what way?

Is the Senator using us? Most likely, it's a little mutual using. I'm sure he hopes to get some buzz going and I know I hope to get a bit more attention for participating. That's pretty much the way a free market economy works - everyone working in their own self-interest.

Is the Senator paying us? If so, I want to know why I haven't received my check yet. All I can say is that no offer has ever been made to me and if it is I would make it public. I've very publically asked for a job, but so far I've gotten no response.

Will this lead to restrictions on bloggers? I'm sure it will provide ammunition for those who want to restrict this forum. So will your resonse. Basically, I plan to continue as I have regardless. I am doing nothing more than giving my opinion and everyone is free to have the same option. I think I reach about twenty returning readers on a good day. Most of them are out-of-state. I don't think my blog is going to make a big impact on Corzine's campaign.

To be honest, I'm not really flattered to be able to talk to the Senator. I am pleased to have been included. I'm sure you would feel the same if your candidate reached out in the same manner.

As to accomplishments - you can generate a list of bills the Senator has sponsored or co-sponsored at THOMAS. My experience in this type of challenge is that no matter what is given, it will be said that it is not enough or that he didn't attack REAL problems, blah, blah, blah.

I also wondered about the Senator's comment about being beaten up by blogs. I considered it to be so much hyperbole.

As far as the agenda of the two candidates, that comes down to your personal vision of New Jersey should be. I believe that Corzine has a vision that comes closer to mine, you obviously don't.

That's why we have a democratic right to vote for whoever we choose.

XT

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

Media in Trouble,

Ask Ken about the deletion, he must have posted the same comment twice and deleted the second one. We have since removed the "deleted by author" note.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

Who wrote anything about bloggers being paid by Corzine? Who did we attack personally? Who said the conference call was crimial? We noted Corzine was quoted as saying he was "reaching out to bloggers because he knows that news organizations scan blogs for leads”. We noted the FEC has been troubled by blogger - political candidate connections and has considered regulating blogs as a result.

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Right of Center said...

All that aside, lets just see this for what it is. Corzine did not want to engage in discourse with those that take issue with him. Period.

Imagine a press conference where only the "friendly" reporters are invited. The act speaks for itself - cowardice.

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous SloppyDawg said...

Imagine a press conference where only the "friendly" reporters are invited. The act speaks for itself - cowardice.

Imagine a campaign event (or Social Security "town meeting") where only the "friendly" supporters are invited. The act speaks for itself - cowardice.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger STP said...

Oh my God, the fiend! How dare he ask if bloggers would like to ask questions?! How dare he not invite you! Maybe he should be more Republican and make the invitees sign a loyalty oath before being allowed into the conference call ala George Bush/Dick Cheney.

Actually, Dougie probably wishes he thought of this first, but then again he was too busy distorting at Fort Monmouth the other day.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger DBK said...

Am I mistaken? I read the piece ENJ posted earlier today and the one he has up now and it seems different. Was it edited and changed? I'm not talking about the updates, I'm talking about the original piece.

As far as anyone saying it was criminal, it's kind of childish for you to make a pretense of not understanding what was written. You're the one who brought up the Federal Election Commission, hinting at laws being passed to regulate...no, I won't bother to explain that to you. You're just playing pretend-games here anyway. You know what sarcasm is. If you were referring to what I wrote when you mentioned "the conference call being criminal", you know I was being sarcastic about your childish snideness.

As far as you being a "citizen journalist", that's a marvelous joke and, I think the most unintentionally funny thing you've written. You're going to pretend to be an objective reporter of the facts? Heh.

Looking around your blog, I finally understand what Elvis Costello was singing about. I used to be digusted, but now I find myself amused.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

Frog you throw around accusations and you emote, but you never prove your point with actual examples or facts. If we have made a factual error - point it out , back if up with contrary information from a legitimate source and we’ll issue a correction.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Mr. Snitch said...

"I also wondered about the Senator's comment about being beaten up by blogs. I considered it to be so much hyperbole."

Hyperbole to say the least. Actually I considenered it part of the overall campaign strategy. Harder to motivate the troops if they don't believe you're the underdog. Does anyone think Corzine is the underdog?

Didn't think so. So, if you're Corzine you sprinkle in some remarks like "being beaten up". But it looks like maybe the faithful (at whom this is aimed, after all) aren't biting. Therefore he should probably shelve it and try something else, otherwise he'll just undermine his own message.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Jack said...

One of the commenters made a good point: Corzine was meeting with partisan bloggers for campaign purposes, it cannot be likened to the fake press conferences, town hall meetings, and aircraft carrier landings of the presidential administration.

What I find more dubious about Corzine is his endorsement of Mayor Sharpe James of Newark, not his press relations.

-Jersey Perspective

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Ken said...

enlighten, (teh!)
What a B.S. artist!

Clearly it was a personal attack on the bloggers that participated on Corzine's conference call when you said…

“Some people might be flattered by the attention and feel important because the rich and powerful U.S. Senator talked to them on a conference call”

As if we are a bunch of swooning teenagers on Carson Daly’s Total Request Live. When in fact it was you that I saw last night on the program giving a shout out to Doug F. in New Jersey: “Hey, my name is EnlightenNJ and I’d like to give a shout out to Doug in West (side) Windsor, Best Friends 4-ever. My favorite song of his is ‘Smear Attack’… Wooooooo!!!!!”

Yes, while you didn’t say exactly that Corzine paid bloggers, you were clearly insinuating it. Let me repeat exactly what you said…

“Does this make them an arm of his campaign, rather than citizen journalists?”

Now, what’s the f are you saying here? That we’re paid journalists? What other f-ing journalist could you have possibly meant here in this statement? Tell me now or are you going to keep back tracking.

Let me fill in something for you, I’m sorry that Doug Forrester can’t speak with you unless you cut a fat check to his campaign… I’m sorry he doesn’t, truly I am. Corzine wanted to ask his supporters if we had any questions of his agenda/ campaign. What’s the big f-ing deal with that – that you didn’t get that chance to do the same with the love of your life, Doug Foresttor?

As for the title of your blog, EnlightenNJ… what a load of crap… as if people come to this great site of yours for enlightment… that you turn on this great beacon of light of the truth… who the f are you kidding? What a deception that you are running here. How much is Doug forking over to you exactly and how much are you in the tank for him?

As for my deleted comment, the ending was a little to mean

"If that's too much of a problem for you, _____________" Well, you're enlightened, fill in the blank.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Enlighten said...

Always the invective never the facts

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Ken said...

what other possible facts do you want...

you asked two questions that you were looking for an answer for:
1. where did you say that you thought we were paid
2. where did you go on a personal attack?

I answered the question for you... what are you missing?

As for my harsh language, it is certainly justified. You were the one that devoted an entire post to attack a collection of great bloggers. If you can't handle a critism from your drivel ... then stop writing.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

Ken, We never accused Corzine or his campaign of paying bloggers. You keep bringing it up, why? To address you specifically Ken: We didn’t say you (or any other blogger invited to the Corzine conference call) is being paid, we don’t think you are being paid and we don’t think the Senator would want to pay you. Is that clear enough for you?

We didn’t attack any bloggers. You on the other have been trying to give us a hard time. Our post title summaries the nature of the piece – Is Jon Corzine Using Bloggers? You apparently don’t feel you were being used; we’ll take you at your word.

We commented on your use of invective rather than facts. It was an observation.

In terms of our ability to handle criticism we’re doing fine. Perhaps you confused us with Senator Corzine quoted during his conference call as saying: “I sometimes look at the blogs and I wonder whether I’m going to survive until the next day..”

BTW, how did you come up with the name "Big Windbag" for your blog?

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Ken said...

I keep bringing it up, because like I said in an earlier comment, you insinuated it. If that was not you’re intention – I’ll move on. Apology accepted.

Your characterization of us in your post is not an attack? Puh-lez

You accuse me of being invective? Your entire blog is invective rather that fact. Snark and character attacks on Jon Corzine are not facts. Where’s Forrester in your posts? It’s always about demonizing Corzine… Is it because there is nothing nice to say about Doug? You, like I, must not be able to find one redeemable quality in him.

So, as for my writing style, what’s good for the goose that’s not good for the gander? If you are going to characterize me, I’m going to look to characterize you.

I hope that enlightened you.

Next time you’re ready to enlight everyone, maybe you should put up a disclaimer. I’d like to brace for impact.

If you’re really curious, I call my blog the ‘Big Windbag’… because that’s what I am… I make no bones about it… My words are just another voice in vast multitude of opinions flying around… So I hope my readers look to seek and form their own opinions. I’m not special; I’m just another person letting the world know his opinions.

So keep up your spinning… oh that’s right…enlightenment!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

STP: What does Doug Forrester, George Bush/Dick Cheney and loyalty oaths have to do with our post? Or did you just wish to start a new topic for discussion? Please let us know.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

Media In Trouble, you accuse us of deleting a comment without knowing the facts. Ken has since explained the reason HE deleted his own comment - he thought his comment was mean.

You have accused us of being jealous and being irked because you and others had intimate access to a United States Senator. The facts don’t support your accusations and as talented as you may be, mind reading probably isn’t one of them.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

Frogsdong: “Am I mistaken? I read the piece ENJ posted earlier today and the one he has up now and it seems different. Was it edited and changed? I'm not talking about the updates, I'm talking about the original piece.”

To answer your question, yes you are mistaken. Perhaps you are confused because our post didn’t contain the accusations other commenters have charged us with making? Let us know your thoughts.

You also wrote: “As far as you being a "citizen journalist", that's a marvelous joke and, I think the most unintentionally funny thing you've written. You're going to pretend to be an objective reporter of the facts? Heh.”

We are always open to constructive criticism, however without any specifics concerning factual errors you believe we have posted, we have no way of knowing what you writing about. Perhaps you could give us and our readers some examples. We look forward to reviewing your list.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

Ken, we did not extend you an apology. You accused us of something we never said or implied. You wrote: “Now, what’s the f are you saying here? That we’re paid journalists? What other f-ing journalist could you have possibly meant here in this statement? Tell me now or are you going to keep back tracking.

We are well aware that most people join campaigns as volunteers. There has been no back tracking on our part. Rest assured we don’t believe anyone would pay you for your blogging efforts. But, you have not addressed this aspect of our post as it applies to you and your blog - do you consider yourself and you blog to be an aspect of Corzine’s campaign?

We have no idea where you stand on that issue. We believe you should have the right to use your talents in support of Corzine’s or anyone else’s campaign. If you read the Daily Kos, much has been written over there about the how FEC may restrict and regulate political speech on blogs. So we are surprised you aren’t aware of this potential problem for all political blogs.

Now in terms of accusations you have accused us of peddling a load of crap, childish personal attacks, spinning and demonizing.

You wrote: "enlighten, (teh!) What a B.S. artist!"

You also wrote: “When in fact it was you that I saw last night on the program giving a shout out to Doug F. in New Jersey: “Hey, my name is EnlightenNJ and I’d like to give a shout out to Doug in West (side) Windsor, Best Friends 4-ever. My favorite song of his is ‘Smear Attack’… Wooooooo!!!!!”

We were under the impression a B.S. artist was someone that made things up? Did you really see or hear what you described above on Carson Daly’s Total Request Live? If you could prove your point with the truth and with facts, wouldn't you?

You said: “Your entire blog is invective rather that fact. Snark and character attacks on Jon Corzine are not facts.”

If our entire blog is based on attacking Corzine rather than based upon facts, then you should have no trouble citing one fact we’ve written about Corzine that’s wrong. You don’t,why?

You also wrote: “I’m sorry that Doug Forrester can’t speak with you unless you cut a fat check to his campaign… I’m sorry he doesn’t, truly I am.”

As you are aware, having written about it on your blog, Steven Damion of the GOP College Republicans tried to shake down Forrester for money in return for help with his campaign. As you know his demand for money was rejected by Forrester and Damion was exposed by the GOP and removed from his post by his peers. The GOP exposed it and that’s why you have heard about it. This may be a unique concept to you – ridding a political party of the corrupt and self-promoting – it does not surprise us.

Ken, you also wrote: “What’s the big f-ing deal with that – that you didn’t get that chance to do the same with the love of your life, Doug Foresttor?"

You also wrote: "What a deception that you are running here. How much is Doug forking over to you exactly and how much are you in the tank for him?”

In another comment you write: “Where’s Forrester in your posts? It’s always about demonizing Corzine… Is it because there is nothing nice to say about Doug? You, like I, must not be able to find one redeemable quality in him.”

So which is it Ken, are we in the tank for Doug Forrester, the love of our life as you accuse us or, as you correctly pointed out, we have not written much on Forrester at all?

Lack of posts about Forrester equals being in the tank for him and leads you to ask the question: "how much is Doug forking over to you?'

Your logic escapes us, perhaps you can explain?

The posts we’ve written on Forrester have been objective. If you took the trouble to actually read what we’ve written you might be surprised.

Yes, Ken people actually come to Enlighten-New Jersey to be enlightened - to receive information about New Jersey - hence our choice of blog title. No doubt the Big Windbag delivers on it’s billing as well.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger DBK said...

Journalists don't just repeat what other people wrote, cherry-picking it along the way to make sure it smears people. Journalists actually try to get first-hand information and report from conversations with newsmakers. Most political bloggers don't even come remotely close to doing that. They generally repeat what they see in news stories, with their opinions added in, or post links saying "So and so said this or that. Go read it if you want."

Erroneous facts you want? How about reporting Senator Corzine as a "partner" of that guy (the name escapes me at the moment and you're not an interesting enough blog for me to go lookign again) who tried to buy the Nets. The way you wrote it, you made it seem like Corzine ws a significant player in that whole thing. Hint: he wasn't. You made the association more than it was. Distorting the facts and giving false impressions isn't exactly honest, now, is it? How about your claim, in the same article, that Corzine and his "partner" tried to get $26 million from New Jersey? That's a cute way to describe a loan. You know what a loan is, don't you? You made it seem like they were trying to rip off taxpayers. Loans get pid back with interest. Or do you think loans are a shady enterprise? If that's the case, I hope you didn't descend into the dark side an get a mortgage.

Your bizarre innuendos about the conference call are more ofthe same for you. We spoke to Senator Corzine for about fifteen minutes and got some questions answered. Oh, and by the way, take th etrouble to learn how campaign finance laws work before you spout off again. You're off base and don't know your subject. Here's a hint: I spent $10 on my blog in the past year. The FEC is welcome to regulate me.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Ken said...

I know you didn’t extend an apology, Captain Obvious.
Again, if we are not “citizen journalist” as you state, what journalist are you saying we are…. Professional journalist? What makes a journalist professional? GETTING PAID! Defend your words… this is the second time I made this point and still you dance around it… Does the song continue?

My blog is mine… I don’t consider my blog as part of his campaign… I like Sen. Corzine, I would like him to be New Jersey’s next Governor… I’ll express my opinions on my website and I’ll call it a day. His campaign is aware that I write about Progressive politics and wanted to know if I had any questions about Sen. Corzine’s campaign – hence my participation in the conference call.

Hello, yes, of course I accused you of such outrageous things… you extended me the same courtesy…In your characterization, I am after all a professional writer that is swooning all over the Great Senator Corzine. What’s good for the goose and not the gander? That’s the second time I asked that question… still no answer. No doubt my characterizations get a little vivid… and the swwoning teenagers on TRL came to mind when I was searching one for you. Does Forrester have a song titled “Smear Attack” that I’m not aware of? I mean, after all, the GOP primaries did get quite ugly.

You asked for a citing of your invective writing; a good starting place is the first line of this very post: ”We’ve posted many times about Jon Corzine's character – everything’s about Jon Corzine and everything he does is to feed his ego.” Is this your observation or a fact? I say it is dead wrong observation… His character is good and his Senate voting record proves it. Truly, the Dafur Accountability Act that he sponsored was the makings of an egomaniac… or how bout the Chemical Plant Security Act that he recently sponsored, that one was ALL about him!
Are you satisfied now?
I don’t think you are a paid blogger either… it was a characterization, the same one you granted to me. Therefore, I, Kenneth, retract all statements and insinuations made that you were in anyway paid by Doug Forresters’ or any one else’s campaign. Wow, how good that feels… what a novel concept… someone retracting a statement for an uncalled accusation… I wonder if it will catch on. *whistling*
As for Doug Forrester, I stand by my original statement I can’t “find one redeemable quality in him”
I will look further into your site specifically your posts on Doug Forrester and make a final determination on your objectivity and whether the enlightenment you offer on your site is different than the enlightenment you offered in this one post.

Well, it’s been a fun weekend- checking for your responses, and responding accordingly… I leave the final word to you… that is – if it meets my satisfaction.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

Frogsdong: Our posts all link to sources for all information provided. You might not like the facts, but you have not refuted our information with legitimate sources. But here are two more you might want to take into consideration when forming your opinion.

The New York Times
"Senator Jon S. Corzine of New Jersey and a major real estate developer have joined forces to try to buy the Nets in an effort to prevent them from moving to a new home in Brooklyn, according to several people on both sides of the Hudson River involved in negotiations with the team. "

"The bid by Corzine and the developer, Charles Kushner, is only the latest development in an intense bistate tug of war over the Nets. State officials in New Jersey want the team to move to Newark, or stay in its current home at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, N.J. "

As to the money:

"The figure the partnership was looking for from New Jersey was reported to be between $100-$125 million. McGreevey rejected the request, as we stated in our posts. Our posts on this subject all link to our sources for this information. But as a bonus will cite this from the columnist Fred Snowflack in The Daily Record:

We start with last week's news that U.S. Sen. Jon Corzine, D-N.J., and real estate developer Charles Kushner were considering making a bid to buy the New Jersey Nets. That sounded pretty good. The men, it seems, have the money to buy the Nets and keep the team in New Jersey.

But now it surfaces that the senator and developer want the state to contribute $125 million to help them purchase the team.

What? So much for Corzine and Kushner being the angels who are going to rescue the Nets. "

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Enlighten said...

Ken, we’ll let people read what we've written and what you've written and let them reach their own conclusions.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Ken said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Ken said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Ken said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

blah blah blah people actually listen to john shabe? pleeeeeze tell him to go to the devils forum and start trouble thats all he does all day anyway

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Nathaniel said...

For my part every person may read this.
washington dc car service | independent medical | Promo Codes For Amazon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 Contact Us

  • Email Us
  • Blog Roll Us!

    Search

    Syndication

  • Atom Feed
  • Bloglines
  • Feedburner
  • Feedster
  • Add to Google
  • Add to My MSN
  • Add to My Yahoo
  • News Is Free

    Recent Posts

  • Sluggo Meets Tillie On Sunday
  • Jon Corzine’s Accomplishments
  • In New Jersey, Blog Carnival Is WWWeird
  • Jon Corzine Unfit To Be Governor Of New Jersey
  • The Abbott and Costello Districts
  • Carnival of the New Jersey Bloggers # 8
  • Just Tillie
  • Corzine’s Edison Innovation Fund
  • Send Links For Carnival # 8
  • London Attacked

    Archives

  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • April 2008
  • November 2008
  • January 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • February 2012

    Online Journals

  • National Review

  • Opinion Journal

  • Real Clear Politics

  • Weekly Standard


  • Blog Roll

  • A Blog For All
  • Althouse
  • Ankle Biting Pundits
  • Barista of Bloomfield Avenue
  • Betsy's Page
  • Blue Crab Boulevard
  • Blogs For Condi
  • Bob the Corgi
  • Brainster's Blog
  • BuzzMachine
  • Captain's Quarter's
  • Cinnaman
  • Coalition of the Swilling
  • CWA-NJ
  • Dino's Forum
  • Daily Mail
  • Don Surber
  • DynamoBuzz
  • eCache
  • Exit 4
  • Fausta's Blog
  • GOP Bloggers
  • Instapundit
  • Joe's Journal
  • Kate Spot
  • Kausfiles.com
  • Little Green Footballs
  • Michelle Malkin
  • More Mnmouth Musings
  • Parkway Rest Stop
  • Patrick Ruffini
  • Polipundit
  • Power Line
  • Right Wing News
  • Roger L. Simon
  • The Blue State Conservatives
  • Riehl World View
  • Red Jersey
  • Right, Wing-Nut!
  • Sid in the City
  • Tiger Hawk
  • The Truth Laid Bear
  • Tim Blair
  • Wizbang


  • Sid in the City



    Majority Accountability Project

    MAP

    New Jersey Blogs

    Enlighten-Carnival-small

  • 11th and Washington


  • A Blog For All
  • A Planet Where Apes Evolved From Man?!?
  • Armies of Liberation
  • Atlantic Highland Muse
  • Attack of the 15.24 Mete


  • Barista of Bloomfield Avenue
  • BeLow Me
  • Big Windbag
  • Blanton's and Ashton's
  • Blue State Conservatives
  • Burning Feathers
  • BuzzMachine


  • Clifton Blogs
  • Coalition of the Swilling
  • Cobweb Studios
  • CoffeeGrounds
  • Constitutional Conservative
  • Confessions of a Jersey Goddess
  • Corzine Watch
  • Crazy Jackie
  • Cresting Acrocorinthus
  • Cripes, Suzette!


  • Daniella's Misadventures
  • Did I Say That Out Loud
  • Dojo Mojo
  • Dossy's Blog
  • Down the Shore
  • DynamoBuzz


  • eCache
  • Enlighten-NewJersey
  • Eye On Hoboken
  • Exit 4
  • Exit Zero
  • Extreme-Psychosis


  • Fausta's Blog
  • Fausti's Book Quest
  • Fractals of Change
  • Frenchtown NJ Blog


  • GiggleChick
  • Gregg Gethard's Amazing Personal Journey
  • goethe re scape


  • Hoboken Rock City


  • IamBillPower
  • If this is paradise, I wish I had a lawn-mower
  • Imaginary Therapy
  • Inadmissible Evidence
  • INCITE


  • Jersey Beat
  • Jersey Perspective
  • Jersey Side
  • Jersey Style
  • Jersey Writers
  • Joe's Journal


  • Karl's Corner
  • Kate Spot


  • Laughing At The Pieces
  • Likelihood of Confusion
  • Liss Is More


  • Mamacita
  • Mary's Lame Attempt at Fame
  • Media in Trouble
  • Michael Carroll
  • Mister Snitch!
  • MucknMire
  • My Life as a Rabid Blog
  • My New Jersey


  • New Jersey Eminent Domain Law
  • NJ Conservative
  • NJ Fiscal Folly
  • New Jersey For Change
  • New Jersey Weblogs
  • NJ Spoken Word
  • Northeast Corridor


  • Parkway Rest Stop
  • Philly2Hoboken.com
  • Poetic Leanings
  • Poor Impulse Control
  • Professor Kim's News Notes
  • Property Tax NJ


  • Rain Angel
  • Riehl World View


  • Shamrocketship
  • Shipwrecks
  • SloppyDawg
  • Sluggo Needs a Nap
  • SmadaNeK
  • Static Silence


  • Tami,The One True
  • Tammany on the Hudson
  • Tequila Shots For The Soul
  • The Art of Getting By
  • The Center of New Jersey Life
  • The Daily Fry
  • The Duc Pond
  • The Jersey Shore Real Estate Bubble
  • The Joy of Soup
  • The Mark(ings) of Zorro
  • The New Wisdom
  • The Nightfly
  • The Opinion Mill
  • The Pink Panther
  • The Political Dogs
  • The Rix Mix
  • This Full House
  • Tiger Hawk
  • Tomato Nation
  • Toxiclabrat
  • Twisty


  • Unbillable Hours
  • Usdin.Net


  • Where Is The Remote
  • Wine Goddess


  • Xpatriated Texan


  • Links

  • NJ Governor
  • NJ Legislature
  • GOP GOTV
  • Bob Menendez Information


  • Blog Rings

  • Blog Explosion
  • Blog Directory
  • Blogsnow
  • Blogwise
  • Blogstreet
  • Blogshares
  • Blogarama
  • Blog Digger
  • Daypop
  • Globe of Blogs
  • Blog Search Engine


  • Ecosystem Status


  • Who Links Here






  •