Just Say No To More State Sending
- Free mental health screenings for post partum depression
- Forgiving up to $20,000 dollars in student loans for any college graduate who works in a state, county, or non-profit mental health or social service agency.
- $200 Million to build housing for individuals with mental illness.
- $380 Million for stem cell research.
- Ten new health care centers to provide care to 30,000 more residents.
We won’t debate the merits of each spending initiative. We’re sure a rational and compassionate argument can be made for each. That’s the problem; a case can be made for tons of money to be spent on a zillion different projects and programs.
It’s up to our elected representatives to prioritize spending and to live within the state’s means. New Jersey is facing a $4 to $5 Billion budget deficit and now is not the time to exacerbate the problem with additional spending.
Politicians are addicted to spending, we have to teach them to just say no.